Monday, October 3, 2011

By the numbers

Ran my blood pressure 3 times today at work - came in at 124/80, 120/82, and 121/82.  Not low, but not high either.  Just around the normal range.  I think my highest was around 140/90, which was more concerning.  This gives me a baseline for BP.

Height - 5'10  Weight - 218 lbs (100 kg)

This is more of a problem.  I'm not surprised by my weight, as I can see that I'm heavy.  What is surprising is that I am officially obese.  My BMI comes in at 31.3, and anything over 30 is considered obese.  Great.

This means that I was on a path to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, increased likelihood of certain cancers, sexual dysfunction, arthritis and being nagged at by my wife everytime I decide to have a beer.  Fortunately, at this point in my life only the last point has come to pass.  Taking control of what I eat will help me avoid that shortened future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home